Saturday, February 7, 2009

My last weekend...

This is my last weekend in Peru so I´m trying to cram in as much as possible... unfortunatly most of it will be studying and preparing my lessons for next week. Yesterday was a good day- I worked a lot but also got out to take a break. Walked up to the plaza and sat on a bench and enjoyed the beauty of Cuzco. If there is one thing I´ll miss about Cuzco it is the Plaza de Armas- I could go there and sit and watch people and think all day long, every day. It is a beautiful place.

I had lunch with some friends as well and after enjoying the day and getting some work done I went home and had dinner and got ready to go out. I really haven´t gone out much here... but I´d be itching to dance for awhile. All of the TEFL students (they call us teflers) met up at a little pub and hung out and then we went to dance. The first place we started at was kinda boring in my opinion- just a bunch of reggetone... so I headed out with a few people to venture out for SALSA. Salsa we found! It was brilliant. So brilliant that we shut the place down. Ha ha.. I do that pretty commonly in Denver, but ¨shuting down¨La Rumba means 1:30/2:00 at the very latest. Here... ha ha- we left at 5:30 am. I walked home as the sun was rising... it was quite peaceful. I said I was deprived of dancing.... well I got my fix. It keeps me young :). There is nothing I love more then dancing & my feet can tell you that I danced it up!

This morning I had to set the alarm because I have studying and work to do- so I´m working off 3 hours of sleep right now but actually feel great. Sometimes dancing is better energy then sleeping.

Today I´ve spent the whole morning in the computer lab working on my lessons and assignments. Hopefully I´ll get a lot done and get out of here to enjoy some of the sunshine. It is BEAUTIFUL here today. Off I go to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment